Friday, March 16, 2007

Giving my .10 cents Worth

Quite a few months ago, I came across a great deal for Kraft Mac N Cheese. Target had their boxes for a non-advertised sale of .60 cents each. Then they offered a .50 cents off printable coupon from their website. Thus each one was .10 cents worth.

So I stocked up. With kiddos it is almost a staple around here. My husband is also the "grand master" of making Mac N Cheese. Me, on the other hand am not. :)

The other day we had one box left. Then Walgreen's had them on sale for 2 for $1.00 (.50 cents each). Normally this would actually be a good sale. Being that Walgreen's regular price is $1.24, or WinCo's price is anywhere from .60-.70 cents a box. But it was just killing me to have to spend so much now, when I had gotten the others for so cheap.

Before, I got 4 boxes for .40 cents. Now I got 4 boxes for $2.00. A big difference when say you buy 10 for $1.00 rather than 10 for $5.00.

I know, I know, we're not talking about BIG change here. Just hard to go back to paying "full" price for things, let alone 50%.

Hmmm. Maybe it's an addiction. No, I wouldn't go that far. ;)

No comments: