Ease or comfort. Removal of the stress, provides a needed change.
- Sometimes we need MORE than refreshment.
- What do you do? or Where do you go to?
- Is it leaving the house, getting a massage, ice cream, going for a run, the Internet, talking on the phone, hobbies, taking a nap, working in the garden, etc. What do you do you do to refresh your self? Some of these things are not necessarily bad for us, but can become Idols in our lives.
- Key Scriptures: Isaiah 55 and Psalm 119:7
2. When suffering hits hard, we become desperate for relief, when what we really need is refreshment.
- Take running a marathon: Joggers "live" for water stations. Sometimes they don't stop for the water station, because they want to get to the finish line faster. Now this can be disastrous. Some run a 5 K and some run a marathon, but they all need the water stations to get to the finish line.
- Key Scripture: Psalms 73:21-28 and 2 Corinthians 12:7-10.
1. Our Part: Those who are thirsty will be filled. Our job is to develop a thirst for God.
2. God's Part: He promises to satisfy us.
- Key Scriptures: Psalm 42:1-2, Psalm 63 & 84
3. The repentant heart finds refreshment:
- Key Scriptures: Acts 3:19
Our perspective should be:
As our pain increases, we have a need of God more.