Thursday, October 25, 2007

Looking for a rainbow...


My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the
strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Psalm 73:26


Isn't this verse just beautiful? My heart is heavy today, actually for a few weeks now. It seems like the slightest of offenses from someone wounds my heart. From those who have disappointed me or then being hurt by someone I love. My soul feels empty and there is a battle for truth amongst the discouragement that surrounds it.

I am trying to remember, but struggling to find peace in that the love of God is far greater than any earthly relationships or situations. His love is a secure love. I am so glad that He never changes. I just need to BELIEVE in His promises that I can rest in Him!

This weekend is our "Keepers of the Home" Women's Retreat. God is so good in His perfect timing to provide this special weekend of teaching and encouragement by some wonderful mentors. The theme for this weekend is Marriage and Intimacy, with the titles of each session being: Precious Treasures of the Heart, Mind, and Body. If you would, please pray with me that when I return from this trip that a rainbow will be present in my heart again. I also hope to share with you any special gems that were learned from this weekend.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

Yes, that verse is amazing! I have always loved it!

Please share what you learn this weekend...I'd love to read it! I haven't been away on a women's retreat in many years...I hope I'll have an opportunity again one day!