Thursday, July 19, 2007

A breath of fresh air

This morning, I decided to have my devotional time out on the back porch. With all the heat and smoke from fires lately, the air in the morning has been warm and poor in quality. Today, the forecast is 81 degrees at noon and 91 degrees for the evening. Definitely a breath of fresh air from the "summer time woes."

So I was reading through the Book of John and picking up verses that had been highlighted throughout the years that have had special meaning to me:

John 1:12
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God..."

One of my life verses:
John 3:16 "
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

John 5:24
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

First heard this verse at Raft Rally Summer Camp
John 10:27-29
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them out of my hand. My father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."

John 15:1-4
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."

John 15:16
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last."

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.