Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kitchen Postings

"Obedience to God is not some diet we suddenly blow. It is something to which we recommit every single day, no matter how we blew it the day before". ~ From: Praying in God's Word - Recovery, by Beth Moore

"A day hemmed in prayer seldom unravels".
~ Author Unknown

******************************

From time to time, I've placed various postings on my kitchen window sill that have special meaning to me. It could be a favorite scripture, a lovely thank you note, a concept for life, reminders, or quotes like the ones above.

Are there postings that you look at for daily encouragement?

2 comments:

Heather and Reese said...

I like those quotes.

About 10 years ago I wrote scriptures and quotes from My Utmost For His Highest on recipe cards and put them up all over my house. I still come across those fairly often and they always inspire me.

I really like Oswald Chambers because he wasn't afraid to offend and didn't beat around the bush. One of my favorites: "A heartless Christian must be a terrible grief to our Lord". There's also a good one about it being God's honor at stake in the Christian's life, not his own. I need that kind of straight talk rather than the pansy spirituality that's often tossed around in our culture. I want to live like Jesus did- unabashed, unafraid, and making a difference- and people like OC inspire me.

I'll step off my soap box now...

G'Day! Reese

Short Stop said...

Ooooh...I really like that first one from Beth Moore. Such widsom!

I read Psalm 4 alot. I have insomnia...and often have a hard time sleeping. SO, I read it a lot for encouragement.

I also really like the quote that I post on the header of my blog. It reminds me that each day is full of precious gifts...we just have to look for them!